OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Final First and Lots of Mold

 My public school crowd headed off on Tuesday for their first day of school. Moriah is a sophomore this year - 


Tori, Julia and Selah all got the teachers that I requested. Tori's teacher lived most of her childhood in Liberia as a daughter of a marine stationed at the embassy. She is also the mother of our swim team coach. Julia has the teacher that Tori thrived under last year and Selah has the K teacher that Julia loved so much in K. They were all excited about their first day. 
 
Check out those smiles
 Selah is quite the kid! She was super excited and didn't even hesitate to head up the bus steps. The second day of school I had to pick Tori and Julia up early for the dentist; I picked Selah up also because I didn't want her to be nervous about riding the bus alone. She told me a few times last night that she didn't want me to come get her - that she wants to always ride the bus.


 I have spent the last few days getting James and Ben started on A Beka online academy and planning out Elijah's K year. Between that, I am trying to help my sister with all her moving and organizing.

Deb's birthday night after she  had moved  all day.
Moving is enough work, but her move was much more complicated in how much has to be divided for where it is going the next few years. Beyond that, things took a huge turn when we found out that the house she moved out of had quite a mold problem. After seeing and smelling the evidence, she decided that everything had to be treated before being used or stored; I'm talking everything - furniture and clothes. She started by treating mounds of things with vinegar outside the back door. 

Someday this will be concreted for a patio which would have been nice before all this!
 The biggest issue was clothes. She washed everything in a vinegar load and then another baking soda load. I can not even begin to guess how many loads we have washed; both washers have been running for days. 


The final piles
 Then we lay item after item in the sun where ever we can; I really wonder what the timber men working around the woods think is going on.





This was my favorite today as I came in from the garden - 


 We always have so much craziness going on that I'm so thankful that we don't live in a neighborhood; HOAs probably wouldn't be too thrilled with us right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment