OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

While You Wait


 I am safely home from Ethiopia and can't wait to down-load my pictures and really blog. However, I thought I'd post these menu pictures while we wait. The first is from a menu in Addis. The bottom three options are what we found so entertaining. I decided on the chicken shawerma but really was tempted by the fried chicken breath. 


 This second is from my stop in Istanbul, Turkey. I was desperate enough for caffeine after being up all night that I was willing to pay 4 Turkish lira for a soda. When the man rang up my soda and two waters, my total was way higher than it should have been. I counted on my fingers to show him that it should have been around 8 Lira, not 13. He then replied that my drink was not soda, but a Kutu icecekler. Sure enough, the warm sodas were 4, but the chilled sodas are Kutu iceceklers and cost almost double. At that point, I swapped it for an additional water. We had a good time with the word the rest of the day, however.


1 comment: