OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Pack Them In

 We have a new Friday routine that is a bit more demanding than the rest of the school week. I moved Alyssa to a Classical Conversation group "in town"; we are able to get her there on time as long as we leave directly from the bus stop in the mornings. Normally I have to take the van to fit everyone in, but since JD was working from home today, I left James and Ben to start their school work. Since I don't drive the beast of the van unless I have to - I told the kids to get in the Ford Escape. While I knew we were short on seats (the bus stop is only at the end of our driveway), Alyssa was also going directly from school on a retreat and had a few bags. Since there is no buffer of time when the bus is coming and I definitely did NOT have time to repack in a different vehicle - I packed them in quickly and only took time for these pictures once we were at the bus stop. 

Front seat -  


Middle seat - complete with Bella's car seat jammed in to install.


 Hatch back - they thought it was a fun start to the day to sit on the Dr. Peppers and cat litter. I did remove them from the "trunk" before the bus rounded the corner.


blurry phone picture
By the way, I don't normally buy Dr. Pepper by the trunk load but I'm preparing for a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment