OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What I Do, What I Don't Do

 The biggest demand on my time at this point is cooking. Since JD, Alei and I are doing the Thin Healthy Mama Diet (which I was going to do a blog on but never have), we are making and baking all kinds of strange and creative food. I keep thinking that it will take less time once I am used to it, but it still seems to be a time drainer. Of course, I am also accommodating different food needs with the children, so it's kind of double work. This morning, I made traditional wheat bread, soaking grains for sprouted wheat bread and feeding sour dough bread starter using rye flour.



Since JD's foot surgery, I have attempted to keep some progress going in the basement. I painted the ceiling support parts white and touched up all the scuffed up painted walls on the left side of the back room. Now I am painting all the baseboards which JD will hopefully be able to hang soon.
 

 I tell you what I don't do well - LAUNDRY. I just find it a drag. Here was last night's laundry attempt. I separated Tori and Julia's clothes and told them to fold it and put it in their drawers. When I walked out to the kitchen, Julia had relocated her's to the dinner table - super convenient.

1 comment:

  1. Here's the plan. I'll come do your laundry, you come cook me some healthier food---deal? Then all will be well in the world=)

    ReplyDelete