OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Long Neglected News

 Way back, I blogged that we were going through two family trials - one that would never be blogged about since it was sensitive to a child and another that I would get around to. Well, I haven't gotten around to the second until now, but it was the reality that for the first time in 24 years of marriage, JD was going to be laid off. He is a program manager with a large business in the defense industry and his contract was lost last year to a smaller business that was able to bid lower. His company has faithfully kept him until now and has been generous as it was inevitably coming to an end. The reality is that we aren't your average American family! I do not work and we have 11 children to provide for - including one in college and one in private school. We have prayed through this time to be able to transition to another company that doesn't require us to move or JD to commute to DC everyday and allow not too much of a pay decrease. While I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, we are hopeful and excited about the possibilities we are seeing.  

I have to admit that I became motivated to write this post based on the fact that we saw God come through so miraculously for Alyssa's trip. Even beyond the story that I told last blog, JD was supposed to be on travel (his current job doesn't end until the beginning of July) and he pulled out the last minute based on another daughter's need. Had that need not presented itself on Sunday evening, he would not have been available to head to DC on Monday for Alyssa's visa ordeal. The Lord orchestrated several things perfectly to allow her to be on the plane to Nepal on Wednesday. If he can do all that just for her, I know that he is working behind the scenes for us as a family as well.

Alyssa (on left) on a layover in Quatar on their way to Nepal

And just for fun - a before church picture that Moriah took this morning.    

Bella- 4, Moriah - 16, Selah - 6

I will keep you posted and prayers are still gratefully appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Just reading this! Praying for you & your family! I was laid off from my job in November of 2012. I was one of the most terrifying times because I was so worried about what God had in store for us. I should've known better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd comment to add this link. I wrote this the day I found out I was being laid off. Hope it encourages you: http://liz-ourblessedfamily.blogspot.com/2012/11/november-20-today-i-am-grateful-for.html

    ReplyDelete