OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Doggies and Kitties


 I booked our three dogs at the low-cost vet clinic on Friday - the name should be lower cost because my bill was still over $300 for basic shots and heartworm checks. Since they ran labs on all three of the dogs, they asked us to wait the 15 minutes over in the adjourning animal control adoption center.

The drive home Moriah selfie

Moriah and I were sitting there with the dogs, admiring all the cats that need families, when an old farmer came in with a little carrier containing three kittens. He told the lady that he needed to release the kittens to her. The lady informed him that they were completely full and not able to take them. She started talking to him about his options - like giving them away on Craigslist. The poor man looked so discouraged and replied that he didn't have any internet access. He then told her that he didn't know what he was going to do with the kittens, but they couldn't go back to his house because there were still three more to catch. The softie in me looked at Moriah and asked, "do you think I should take them?" She said yes. I walked up to him and told him that I had internet access, as well as knew an agency that would help get them spayed or neutered, and I would be happy to take them and try to find them families. He thanked me and told me that he was going to head home to shoot them, but he really hated to do it. At that point, I gave him my cell number and told him that I would come pick up the other three if he could catch them. 

They aren't feral but they aren't tame either. We are holding them against their wishes in hopes of taming them up. I will attempt to provide homes for any that tame and the others will add to my barn cat collection.

I think the smaller one on the left is a younger litter than the other two.

I called JD on the way home to bless him with the news that I was bringing home three extra kitties. When I got to the part of the story that the man told me that there were still three out there, he asked, "did you get his phone number?" I replied, "no, I gave him mine." JD's response was, "of course you did." He doesn't make this near as hard on me now that we have land and a barn.







1 comment:

  1. Awww! You guys have such thoughtful hearts (for kiddos and animals!) Every barn needs a cat or two!! Hope the others are caught and forever homes are found for the kittens!

    ReplyDelete