OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Busy Days

 I have packed this week full of events - I thought I'd show you just today's. We started this morning with swim team pictures at 9:00. There were two practices before and after pictures that we skipped to make it to Richmond on time. 

  
The little guys did well considering they were seated in the itchy grass while they lined up all the big kids. Selah and Elijah were fortunate enough to hold the eel's tail. 

  
We changed at swim team and headed straight to Richmond to meet with Wendy and her children. We had 15 kids between us this visit and it was fun as always.


 Since I didn't grow cucumbers this year, Wendy brought me some. (I have enough to share or I'm going to be making lots of pickles.)

  
We had to leave Richmond promptly at 2:00 to make it to an appointment back in "town" 30 miles from where we live. While Moriah was in her appointment, the rest of us walked over to the river to hang out.


I decided to not worry about the clothes and the girl's nice leather sandals. They did pretty well; no one fell in as I assumed would happen. 

  
Ben attempted fishing with found items and James and the girls collected several smelly shells. 


We made it back home 9.5 hours after leaving. My first recommendation was for the children to hold the kittens and watch TV.....after 9.5 hours of straight dialog and noise, some quiet TV watching is just what the momma needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment