OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Heartbreaking - So Heartbreaking

Yesterday I was sitting in the Lowe's parking lot when I saw a friend post on Facebook about losing her friend, Jenny. I clicked on the link and it took my breathe away in horror. I too knew Jenny from the adoption Blogger world. She adopted four little girls from the same agency that my little Liberians are adopted from. She then went on to adopt three Liberian siblings from a disruption based on their medical needs; one had consumed lye in Liberia (that looks like water, but burns out the esophagus tract) and she has had countless surgeries. Then back a few years ago, when Alei served in Uganda, Alei met a little girl named Esther that had serious seizures. Jenny and her husband went on to adopt Esther. Jenny and Brad have 15 children, many, many with special needs. Jenny tragically died in a car accident a few days ago. I know that I am not the only one desperately trying to understand God's plan for 15 young children to lose their mother and for her husband to be left to try to cope with his own pain and to also guide their children through such a horrible loss. For many of their Liberian children, this the second mother that they have lost. Please pray for Brad and the children; I can't even fathom they pain they must be dealing with!


https://sites.google.com/a/windandfire.org/jennygroothuis/

No comments:

Post a Comment