OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow and More

 Personally, I can do without any of the winter white stuff, but I was happy for my kids when the forecast called for a nice, big snow. Since we got about a foot, everything was cancelled and they bundled up right after breakfast. My rule is when you come in, you are done for that day. The girls only lasted a bit over an hour, but the boys, including Elijah, are going strong.


 My blog has been calling me for about a week, but other demands have screamed louder. One of those was Selah and Bella's hair.




 Tori has a bottle biography for Black History month due tomorrow. She chose George Washington Carver and has to create him as a bottle, write an outline and a report. He isn't finished yet, but he is really cute.    

Tori and George
  Today was supposed to conclude our third quarter at Classical Conversations. I am really impressed with the program and I do plan to return as a tutor again next year. We studied American artists this quarter and did an art piece representing each of the artist we learned about. Here is Bella re-creating a Georgia O'Keeffe flower painting. 


Here's my darling little class; I have two boys and six girls.


 In case having three of my own Kindergarteners and first-graders and teaching that age at CC each week weren't enough, JD and I teach them at church once a month as well!
 

I have to include this picture to show you the wool sweater that Elijah has taken a liking to. I forgot about it in the back of the closet, so it was almost too small before he wore it. He is making up for it by wearing it when he gets cold in the house, paired with an assortment of work-out pants.

  
Our great appliance rearrange is finally coming to a close. JD has one more dryer to stack and as long as it works as we hope, the old dryer will be sold to the gentleman who already took the broken washer. This is my little mud room off of the school room. It used to house our old black fridge and an Ikea shelf of kid's junk. JD put up high shelves for the kid stuff and moved our previous kitchen fridge in here along with a new, third washer and dryer. My shoulders have issues, so now I don't have to carry our clothes up and down the stairs and the kids can continue to use the two sets downstairs.


 Once the garage addition is built, this will be the path into the new shoe area and then on into the garage.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment