OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snow Much Fun

The kids are thoroughly enjoying their second snow day. It is actually warmer today and most of the kids have been out all day. The discovered a really nice sledding hill in the future cow pasture and have been sledding with the neighbor kids. I have to admit that I took the hill a few times myself; brings back good memories! 

Here's a few pictures before they drifted so far from the house - 

Elijah and James

A tunnel they dug

Tori - or Tori-bug as we call her, on the throne she made

Elijah sculpted a "love-seat" according to him

Bella - who we call "Bella Bella" way too often

Sweet Selah

Julia at the top of the far end of the tunnel
 Yesterday I decided to take advantage of all my appointments being cancelled and get caught up on putting large pictures in my large photo albums. I had NO IDEA how behind I was. Turns out the last time I actually put any in was before Elijah was born. I had many pictures still in frames from the move that I intended to hang on "the picture wall" that has never happened. I also had countless pictures in the large envelopes from The Picture People at the mall. What astounds me the most is how hard it was to date some of them! Between my three older girls and myself, we got them dated to at the least the correct season and year...(I think). 

The job that I thought would take half of yesterday has turned into a full two day job and I can't even finish until Amazon delivers my next two albums. 

All in all, it was over 100 pictures and has taken over the entire dining room until it is done. 
 



 I basically had left off Valentines Day 2008 -
 
That's Ben at 7 years old on the right

 I got up to fall of 2008 today when I ran out of albums and sticky corners -

Elijah 14 mos. on the left and Tori at 3.5 on the right
 Here's one pile of frames that I removed pictures from. I think I'm going to spray paint the ones I want all matching and donate the rest.
 

1 comment:

  1. I had adoption trip photos for Wes printed....that was Feb. 2010, and 3 kids came after that. One week we will pull them all out and let each kid make their own book=)

    ReplyDelete