OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, June 5, 2015

Busy and Behind

I've regret how behind my blog has gotten from my real life. I haven't shown how adorable the baby goats are, that are now named Teddy and Lady. It was rough going with Lady for a bit; she didn't want to eat the first few days. I milked the mom and dropped it in her mouth with her showing zero interest. Then she figured it all out and joined Teddy on the food buffet. My initial plan was to separate them from their momma just at night, milk Leia in the morning and then give the babies one bottle. I thought that a bottle a day would help them bond with us. While it may, the babies love us and run to us, the momma is doing a good job feeding them and I'm super busy, so we are going with the mom solo feeding at this point. Maybe I will try my other plan next year, (because I always have this delusional idea that the next year won't be quite as busy as the one I am currently in!)

We may be moooving our new farm animal this weekend; I'll save that news for when I have pictures, (but I gave you a big hint).

I have a humorous tale that would have been picture worthy involving James and I on the chicken roof and ladder at 10:30 at night in the pretty heavy rain. Let's just leave it at the fact that the baby guineas are too stupid to walk up a one foot wood ramp to put themselves to bed, yet can fly 12 feet up and climb through the chicken mansion roof wire. I didn't dare leave them up all night since the first rainy night, three of them literally drowned right by the ramp. So, James retrieved them off the wire by climbing over the roof peak and bringing them to me one at a time, while I climbed up and down the ladder and dried them with a towel. In spite of all our precautions, we are already down to 21 baby guineas from the original 30 - the first few died from mysterious causes and two escaped are were eaten by an numerous wild animals.

Our today fun was Selah's 1st grade teacher invited Selah back to the end of the year party. Elijah and Bella and I accompanied her for the last 1.5 hours of the day. This is a teacher who goes over and beyond; I am thankful the time that Selah had her.

The beauty of living in a small area is that we now see her at the pool almost everyday since swim team has started.


Selah with Mrs. Parker

Tomorrow we are hosting Alyssa's 16th birthday party, then we are preparing to send Moriah and Alyssa off for the next seven weeks. Alyssa is going to Panama and Peru and Moriah is going to California and Mexico!


1 comment:

  1. Those delusional plans......haha.....I have them too. Glad the goats and guineas are fine. Can't wait for the details on your mooooovelous new animal.

    ReplyDelete