OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Lots of Books


Alyssa has run an Amazon bookstore for three years to fund her mission trips. We assume her trip to Peru and Panama this summer will be her last one in her high school years, so we are liquidating her bookstore at the homeschool convention in Richmond this weekend. I have also once again decided to minimize the stuff in my house, so I went through all the bookcases and cleaned out my books also.  In the end we both had about 350 entries. Each book had to be logged in on the computer, then we had to print two labels per book and tape them on each book. Finally, they had to be organized by grade and subject in boxes. Let's just say we had to start running a sweat shop around here.

Here are the little sweaters hard at work -




They actually did a really great job helping, but it did completely take over the house for a week. 


 Alei felt badly for us and did a box run to CVS.



The fun part was packing the car - yes, I did get over 30 boxes in the Escape with just enough room in the front seat for Ben and I. We had to drive them to Richmond on Thursday night and unload them. (I went to the massage therapist today...)


Now the fun part is that I get to go back to the convention tomorrow to buy more books. Seems crazy but that's what we homeschooling mommas do.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, we homeschooling mama's love books. If they do not all sell, will you be listing them here?
    When we lived near a library, we always went to their sales. I looked for anything old looking. Today's children's literature just isn't what it used to be. These days a parent has to preview everything--who has time for that! I keep ALL good books, for future generations.
    I love the quote above your door, one of my favorite verses.

    ReplyDelete