OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Remember the Beach Goat?


Remember the goat I brought home from the beach? Well, she is a fence jumper, which is why she was given to me. I was sadly mistaken when I thought she would jump out of my fence; she jumps in and out all day long. For now it isn't much of an issue, because Fiona, the collie, flushes her back towards the barn when she starts to head toward the house and eat the plants there that I don't want eaten. I also assume she won't jump out when she has a baby, because she will want to remain with it. Today, she took up fence walking, just strolling along the 1/2" fence like the cats so.

Crazy goat -


So, this makes me super happy - GRASS! I have literally planted grass seed every fall for about 10 years and this particular seed this year has actually grown! It is even choking out the weeds that were prominent here; I'd say it's maybe 50/50 now. It also seeds itself while still quite low, which is like free seeding at this point. I sure wish we had been told about it years ago, it was a freebie tip from some county worker that had to keep coming out to make sure we weren't infringing on a dried up spring deep in the woods when we cleared the land for the garage.


                                                                                            Jenny

1 comment:

  1. That's a funny goat....and don't "assume" anything with farm animals!=)
    I like how you ran the downspout to the barrel for a water trough!

    ReplyDelete