OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Exciting Product

 James has spent a few days working with a landscaper and he told me about a product that eliminates weeds between stone. Since I have spent hours weeding the patio (which is as annoying as it sounds), I was all ears. 

When I stopped at a local garden center, I asked them and they showed me to the product. Maybe I'm the only one who has never heard of it, but you put it between the stones, water it and let it harden into a concrete filler. 

I offered James the job and he cleaned the patio well today. He had to dig out and blow the sand and dirt that was between the stones. Within the next few days we will put in the "super special patio sand" and then it can't be walked on for 24 hours which will be challenging!

See how all the weeds grew in the cracks?


They are gone today - 



While James did that, JD worked on the never-ending wiring job in the garage and the kids and I planted 5 of the 7 garden beds. We pulled out 4 full wagon loads of weeds.
 


Before I started the garden, I laid three bags of grass seed. While I was waiting on the promised rain, I had to keep running the chickens off of every time I saw them.  


 Jenny

 

1 comment:

  1. You're not going to tell us the name of the super sand?? =0
    Your garden looks great.

    ReplyDelete