OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Renaissance Fair

(It took some effort for me to spell Renaissance correctly, but I think I got it.)

 After studying this time period in school year last year, when I saw the BOGO Groupon deal for a semi-local Renaissance fair, I bought tickets a few months back. Fortunately, Friday I checked the dates to find out they were expiring in two days; so while we didn't miss it, JD did because he was on the men's retreat at church. (It takes an extra push for me to do these events without him!)

I hadn't been to a Renaissance event since high school, and it definitely draws an interesting crowd, but the kids had a blast. 

It was small, but plenty to do for the majority of a day.



It was humorous to see the kids pick their crimes -





The three youngest girls and I attended a doll making workshop and left with handmade rag dolls that are super cute. We sent James, Tori and Elijah to "Medieval Kenieval" while we were there.




Tori was kind enough to wait for and take some picture of Elijah with the reckless daredevil; Elijah was pretty impressed with how they turned out.


I took about five pictures on the way out and this is the best I got. Selah looked exactly like this in each one, because she told me "it was funny". I decline to agree. With this many kids, I need at least an attempt of a smile!


                                                                         Jenny




No comments:

Post a Comment