OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, May 7, 2018

It's a Dog's LIfe

 Two Great Pyrenees went to the spay and neuter clinic; poor Montana was very, very nervous. She handled the surgery fine. Next is the "real" vet again to treat Lyme disease, then we will proceed to the vet in Richmond to see about getting her eye fixed. Poor dog (and my wallet), but she came in pretty rough shape with several worm issues, along with the unexpected teen pregnancy. I have treated all the dogs a few times now for two kinds of worms. Thankfully, Montana was negative for Heart worm; that would have been a huge expense. 
 
Alaska spent the trip trying to get on my lap to look out the window and me pushing him back down. I gave in for a short run of the wide open road. 


When he wasn't on my lap, he slobbered on my lap. Yes, that's all slobber. Thankfully, he doesn't do that at home!


 This picture was taken by a visitor; Lucca and Alaska enjoy each other's company. 


 While five dogs is a bit excessive (six when Alei comes to visit), these two new additions make me happy. We all love them so much.

  
I took this one yesterday. Alei's friend joked that it looked like they were coming out with a new CD and posing for the cover. Sometimes I feel badly for visitors that aren't accustomed to a dog maze on the porch. We do have other porches, but they all prefer the front door! 

Speaking of front door, I ordered a new one to accompany our inside work. I'll have to show that next blog.  

1 comment: