OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Rain, Rain

 The day after day of territorial downpour is getting old, but every night I lock up the animals, I think how blessed we all are.  Even my animals all have lush accommodations and stay dry and warm. With five more days of rain in the forecast, I even moved the teenage chickens and bunnies into one side of the indoor coop to allow them room to run in the dry; the bunnies were happy hopping through the mulch.  

Another thankful note, we have parts on order for our broken AC, so it's been nice that it hasn't been 90 degrees all week!

The mud is getting the better of Alaska 
Fiona is getting her spring cut on Monday (I am actually having a dog groomer come and do it) and then Tuesday is our big planned llama and llapaca sheering day. I have four people, counting JD on stand by, for this duty. After getting a quote of $600 from a professional, I decided we had to learn to do it ourselves. After several You Tube videos, I decided to go with the sheering scissors over the noisy sheers. They won't look quite as nice, but it will also hopefully be less traumatic and scary to them. 

Next blog will be JD's home office that we are renovating. He moved all the items from his DC office home and he needs a larger room. I get the now home office as my own, which means it will stay clean, at least cleaner than it does now!


1 comment:

  1. Poor animals, I was shocked today to see that we have more than 80% chance of rain everyday for the next 2 weeks!! =(

    ReplyDelete