OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, May 14, 2021

Washington

On Tuesday, the three youngest and I headed to visit Gabriel, Alayna and the boys in Whidbey Island, WA. We had a LONG non-stop flight from Dulles into Seattle.


The airlines new gimmick is to let you choose the flights you want and then to switch them about a month later. It has happened to our family three of the four trips we have made to WA since Covid. This is the kids after landing in Seattle and picking up the rental car at about 1:30 a.m. to our bodies. We also now have a middle of the night drive back to Seattle for our flight home. 

The kids and I stopped at the famous Pike Place Market on our way to Whidbey. 





Here's the bubble gum "wall" that is actually a whole alley. 




My Mother's Day cookies were waiting when we arrived at Whidbey Island. 



The crew on the couch - Nathan is 6 and Samuel is 2.5 now.  



There is a glorious walk along the water to the town under their neighborhood. It has very nice playgrounds as well.




Today we went to two State Parks that had old forts on them. It was beautiful but not friendly to my irrational fear of heights. Unfortunately, my fear of heights isn't just for myself, but for everyone, so I am a bit neurotic to the kids if they dare near any cliffs. 



The water was COLD!



I'm sure I'll have more WA pictures to post in the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment