OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, June 19, 2021

A Few More Washington Pictures Before I Try to Catch Up With My Spring....

We had a great trip to WA State. Taking the youngest three together worked out well as all the kids fit in Nathan and Samuel's room, so Nathan enjoyed the giant sleep-overs. Of course we wore the little guy out so he was asleep pretty fast most nights. Diesel and Waffles enjoyed some extra people attention also. 



As I said before, the area is gorgeous. This is the view from the end of their street where we walked to the playground. 


We walked downtown a few times, even to church on Sunday morning. 


Whidbey coffee is a favorite spot downtown also - although the sun was in their eyes for this photo, it was nice of the girl behind us to pose. 


Gabriel played Monopoly with the kids - (this photo refused to get bigger to match the others for some reason). 


Samuel and I made Mimi's chocolate chip cookies - 




Some good entertainment from the trip is the video Elijah took of Selah and I saving a rat trapped at the skate park. For the record, I really hate mice and rats, but I don't like to see anything suffer. So, Selah and I gathered some twigs, meshed them together, and build the rat a bridge out of the deep "pool". I was really shocked how smart it was, because it watched from afar and literally scrambled up it as soon as the bridge was completed. I have video evidence, but it's too long to load, so the still pictures will have to suffice. 



Due to the airlines rearranging our tickets for us, we ended up staying in Seattle both the night we landed and again the night before we flew home, since they were such late and early flights. It kind of shorted us a full day there which was frustrating. Our final night, we went bowling, which was fun for all. 






My closing thoughts - Samuel is the biggest Daddy's boy I have ever seen in a baby or toddler. He still just needs his Daddy full-time and I'm so sad for him when Gabriel deploys!



And here's a cute picture to show that JD and the girls survived at home without me. Our "new" friends (that have almost lived here long enough to not be called new anymore), showed up with dinner and ate with them one night.


Next blog-post will be our next trip - 











No comments:

Post a Comment