OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Green Walls and Smart Buddy

So, my greenish entry way that I liked pretty well yesterday looked neon green last night in the artificial light. My kind husband did point out that the light cover is a shade of brown that distorts the light, but it's still not the color that I want to paint my entire upstairs. This is my second round of painting that I just haven't gotten the color that I hoped. So, I'm going to pick again and paint another area, then probably re-paint the entry area again at the end of my up-stairs paint-a-thon. At least it doesn't have dirty walls for now.

On a seperate subject, I refrain from writing that my children are cute or smart, as I know that everyone thinks that about their own children. I try harder to just tell their story as that is what I want to remember years from now. This is one of those times, however, that I am amazed at Elijah's little mind. He saw me once put the light cover back on and hours later, when he managed to get a screw-driver, he headed right over to it and concentrated to get the screw-driver in the actual screw. Of course, he was wearing Julia's mittens the whole time which only added to the humor of it. I'm amazed out how much they learn when you have no idea they are even paying attention.

I have to find this little guy some play tools. He cries for JD's tools, which is just like Gabriel at that age. Gabriel also wore red mittens the whole summer that he was two - amazing similarities!

No comments:

Post a Comment