OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Outside Update

I was reminded in some book that I was reading why I wanted to raise my children on a farm; there are so many opportunities for learning and work. Although my children may not always agree, I think the chores are so good for them! I also think that the fun out-weighs the work, for the children anyway. Here's Elijah helping catch Silkie-rooster to get his wings clipped.

Once we caught him, Elijah gave him a big kiss.

I love this picture since it captures James kissing Elijah. With Gabriel being the only boy for over a decade, it's amazing that I ended up with three more boys!

JD and I painted our quite worn benches on Sunday afternoon.
The boys were really wanting to help, so I spent Monday afternoon painting the swing-set with them. Eventually, Moriah and Alyssa were helping too. It's not the most professional job, but it's protected from the summer sun and the boys got a lesson in painting. While we were talking and painting, we were laughing about Tom Sawyer conning his friends into painting the fence.
(JD wants a little sign hung on it that he had nothing to do with the paint job.)

James and Ben put several "globs" (scientific word) of tad-pole eggs into last years baby duck pool; they are now nice, big tad-poles.


Lastly, we are taking vroom-vroom (Elijah word) rides every day. The excitement never diminishes!


We bought supplies to build my raised garden - hopefully it will be this week-end's project.

No comments:

Post a Comment