OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Love the Country

I love living in the country. I love the fact that my children have outside chores everyday. I love that they can do them in their pajamas on Sundays to avoid messing up their church clothes. I love gathering new eggs from the chicken coop and new tomatoes from the garden. I realize that there are many people who wouldn't want this life, but I don't really grasp why.


Today we put our new baby chicks outside in the chicken yard for the first time. While I didn't get pictures of them, I did of the turtle that James found.

I turned to Tori and asked her if she liked living where we find all these cool animals. She replied, "yes, except the foxes - they are totally NOT cool!" I agree, Tori, they are on my bad animal list!

5 comments:

  1. I have just recently come across your blog. I love it! You have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes wish we lived in the country. I think the kids would love it. We did live near the Amish for a short time, & my now 16-yr-old daughter wanted to know "why the 'barners' get to have chickens in their yard, & we don't??" To this day, she loves heading to the creek with nets & buckets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also live in the woods--country... the hollow between to tree covered TALL ridges!! wouldn't have it any other way!! room to let the littles run without worry!! however the coyotes got our chickens!!
    love following your family!! maybe one day we could 'meet'!!
    blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is the best isnt Jenny? i felt that way this morning as we got up at day break & picked peas & cucumbers & my little kids just had a ball with me....& we had our kittens & dogs running through the corn playing. LOVE MY LIFE! Glad you like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Outside chores are so good for kids, especially boys. We have chickens and have enjoyed them so much. We just recently brought home some guineas! I think they will be even less trouble than the chickens! :0)

    ReplyDelete