OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, June 28, 2010

A Whole Lot of Blogs Jammed Into One

I am not sure why I've been too busy to blog, but it seemed to be the case all weekend. For starters, I went to several trial classes at the Y on Saturday; now every part of my body aches. Today I attended a Christian yoga class, tomorrow is my training session in the gym. I think it's going to be good for my stress level as well as my heart and back.

The boys all needed haircuts and it is time for Julia and Tori's hair to be re-done. I took Julia's out on Saturday night and have yet to get twists put back in. Here she is sitting up asleep while I worked away.

Elijah was determined to get out of a haircut, but I bribed him with candy and a 4-wheeler ride. It's so nice to be able to see his eyes again!


We are a bit behind on all our paperwork, so JD utilized our big, Amish table to make his piles to file. There are always medical things to catch up on turning in!

Our local video store went out of business. I was really glad that I popped into the store because they were selling everything including the book-cases. This bookshelf I got for $25 was exactly what I needed for my canning jars in the storage room. The shelves are narrow and the perfect spacing for quart jars.

I found out that our local berry farm had 1/2 price blackberries, so I bought four buckets.

Yesterday I turned two buckets into a little stash of jam; today I'm making a blackberry cobbler.

Lastly, and truly deserving a blog of its own - my Toy Story cereal story. I don't think my Liberians had ever been to the big theater. We have a small theater on base that they've been to a few times, but nothing ever seems worth a $100 trip to the real movies. Well, I bought Toy Story 1 and 2 on DVD and they each came with a free ticket to Toy Story 3, so I only needed seven more (Gabriel was at work and Elijah stayed with Aunt Deb.) Still, seven tickets is around $60 and then there's the thousand dollar pop-corn and the hundred dollar sodas. However, when I was grocery shopping, I saw this....

Free movie pass with six boxes of cereal! To really sweeten the deal, I got most of the cereal for $1 a box because of coupons they had hanging right there for me. The last ten boxes or so actually were $2 each, but that's still not a bad deal. It's really too bad that I don't have a picture of the 60 boxes of cereal that I bought!
The conclusion is that nine of us went to Toy Story 3 and had three large pop-corns, courtesy of Kellogg's AND we have our entire summer of cereal in the store-room. The only down-fall is that all the fronts of the boxes are cut open from Alyssa entering the codes for me! It was a good movie and a fun memory.

3 comments:

  1. ok that is a great cereal story & i need your blackberry jam recipe...seriously. we have blackberry bushes going wild....we pick every day & they are sooooo good! all the kids but Abigail will eat them...seriously send me your recipe so i can put some jam up.

    thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just recently found your blog, and I look forward to visiting again! You seem to have a sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! We have a dollar theater we go to from time to time. They play older movies, but it is still fun!!!

    ReplyDelete