OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Catch-Up Attempt

Last week I attempted to catch up on lots of outstanding details of life that I was falling behind on. This week I am planning on organizing a few areas of my home and laying out the first six weeks of the new school year. I hope to start our school year the next Monday - we'll see if I can pull my preparations off. I would like a full month of my schedule under my belt before I add our home-school co-op and other fall obligations.

Here's some random pictures that have nothing to do with the post or each other! Here's our last detail from our nightmare renter. He left this precious gem in the back yard and we had to remove it for our new renter. The tires are rotted and the frame is so rusty that JD was afraid the camper portion would fall off the frame just hauling it out of there. It is now sitting at my house while we contemplate its future. I jokingly told Gabriel that we were sending it with him on his trip to CO so that we didn't have to finance any hotel rooms; I couldn't keep a serious face long enough to see if I could convince him of our new, frugal idea. (The picture makes it look way nicer than it is!)

Moriah blessed Julia with her own eye-shadow. She choose to wear the green above her eyes and the pink above her eye-brows. I think it's just the look she was after!

Lastly, Elijah LOVES cars, trucks and especially tractors. Here he is first thing in the morning lining them up playing with them. It's hard to not buy him a whole fleet of tractors considering how thrilled he gets with them.


Have a blessed Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, at that age, little boys do get huge thrill out of their trucks, cars, and those big machines. Both seeing them in person, playing with their own and watching them working.

    I don't blame you that its hard not to buy them and its worth it as they sure do spend lots of time playing with them and loving them.

    They are all sure growing up since I found you last blog and hearing about all your kids plus the adoptions, awesome you are and strong doing all that you do in your life.

    I love how happy your kids are in all the pictures you take of them. And how much love they get in your household and from others too.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete