OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hair Day

I am a bit overwhelmed by hair day. It took about three hours to take Tori's hair out, then two hours to take Julia's out. After that, they both had a shampoo and condition. Then I spent almost an hour combing their hair out. Then I drove to pick up Kriscia and she spent a few hours corn-rowing their hair; then I drove Kriscia home. Needless to say, we didn't even finish school today. While I get a lot of help with their hair, it still dominates my day and the poor girls have to sit for hours. We aren't doing anything extravagant or anything, so I'm at a loss on how I could simplify this part of our lives!

Alei took the last shift on Julia's hair this afternoon; poor Julia fell asleep sitting straight up!

So, we got her a pillow, plopped her head down and kept on working.

They sure did look cute when they were all done! It's nice to have them matching for a change.


I told them to look at each other for me to take the picture, and that just cracked them up for some reason.

My sweet girls. It amazes me how often people tell me that they look just alike. I don't think they could look much different really - beautiful in their own ways.


Julia has really lost the toddler look the last several months. They have grown so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment