OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Oh Man...

I went to Gabriel's last-ever swim final yesterday; he has been swimming with this swim-team for seven years. I am over-all excited for him to enter his next stage of life, but it hit me hard yesterday when I realized that I just watched his last swim race EVER. I may still have eight kids at home, but it's still a weird and sad phase to watch the first child fly the coop.

At this point, we have 100 things to do before we send Gabriel off on his over 1,300 mile trip to Colorado; Alei is planning on driving with him and then flying home - but they've never been on a road trip before. There are 1,000 things I could be concerned about and it's overwhelming that I have to repeat this stage another eight times down the road! As my husband reminds me, it's one kid at a time, one day at a time.

We are supposed to begin our new school year tomorrow, but I still haven't ordered all my curriculum. I guess I'm starting with what I have and getting my order ready tomorrow. Now we are off to a drive-way performance of Macbeth that my kids are doing at a friend's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment