OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tractors and Babble

I thought I would have wonderful "extra" time this week, since we took off school. Instead, it has been one of the most hectic weeks I've had in months. We have been dealing with Charlie, the chicken killer, and his new lot in life. Yesterday, we also had our two "afro" roosters die, after one lived in a box in the entry way for the day; thankfully Charlie had nothing to do with their untimely passing. Yesterday morning, I also woke to the news that James was throwing up; fortunately, he was back to normal by noon and no one else has followed suit.

Aside from crises moments, we have managed to cook and clean a bit. Yesterday the kids and I deep cleaned the playroom downstairs. The volume of stuff under the couches was so unbelievable that I didn't even dare to take a picture! I now know where all the missing socks were along with hundreds of toys and millions of barrettes.

This morning, I headed out in a mini blizzard to buy food for my family. I left all the children with Alei and was thankful I did as I drove slowly through the snow and maneuvered through the crowds at the Commissary. It was also somewhat relaxing to drive through the snow, listening to the radio instead of Julia!

We are preparing for Gabriel's homecoming tomorrow; hopefully the snow won't be an issue for the airlines. Since I won't have any Gabriel pictures until tomorrow; here's his littlest sibling waiting for his arrival.


Elijah still spends much of his day admiring tractors, real or play, in any book or magazine that shows them.

This is his new 50 cent tractor from my favorite base thrift store; he has spent most of the day with it. He is still also doing the "please let me wear my pajama" thing; I don't figure it matters on a snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment