OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Elijah - The Ring Bear

Elijah has been granted the honor of being the ring bearer in JDs nephew's wedding next month. When we initially told him, he responded by saying, "me rather be a ring lion, but me will be the ring bear."


The funny thing is that he does have something for rings, he often asks to wear our rings. When we told him that he would get to carry the rings down the aisle on a little pillow, he told us that he would rather wear them on his fingers.


Today we bought some "wedding shoes" on our way home from DC. I wasn't positive that they would be what we needed, but he was really excited to come home and try on his "wedding shoes." The lady at the store told him that the ring bearer was the most important role in the wedding, he hardily agreed!


 We have been pushing this ring bearer thing for a while since he isn't naturally the most out-going almost-three year old on the planet. I have also told him that I'll buy him a new toy tractor after he walks down the aisle; today he said, "maybe you'll buy me a tractor and a new truck."
(Maybe, Elijah, maybe.)

1 comment:

  1. I think he sports his "wedding shoes" adorably! Thank you so much for the book! It arrived this week and is waiting for me to wade thru the 3 books that I'm currently reading before I start on another. :o) I have a bad habit of starting several books of different types at one time. I usually finish them all though!

    ReplyDelete