OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gardens, Houses and Motocycles

I am reaping some good things from my garden, but not near as much as I hoped. It got off to a rather rough start when the deer ate down all the tomato plants one day, the cucumbers another and about 1/2 the cantaloupe a third. Now I have a watermelon crises - I have eight plants with about 25 watermelon; they looked great until one day last week, but now they are all wilted and water isn't perking them up. Any ideas anyone?

Our friendly deer still comes every day, but she respectfully is content eating clover and leaving the garden alone (it has scary tin-foil hanging in it to frighten her since JD shooting in the air from the front porch didn't work.)


We have experienced a huge house blessing! We knew that our one rental was going empty the beginning of August. Our only serious inquirer decided that it wasn't the right location and didn't have enough storage, so we were empty handed. That very day, another renter arrived to pay the rent and told us that he was going to have to break his lease as he wasn't going to be able to afford it for the next year due to some other financial issues. I was cooking dinner that evening when it crossed my mind that we could offer our current renter the less expensive house. They came the next day, saw it and took it. We then re-contacted the original interested party; she came and saw the bigger house with more storage and took it. They both move by August 1st, we have no gap in tenants in either house and didn't have to spend any time or energy listing it or showing it. We also have confidence in both tenants since we know them both. As Elijah says, with his thumb up, "me appreciate it God."

On to a picture - here's Elijah on a friend's motorcycle. It wasn't running and that's the closest to riding a motorcycle that I ever want him to be; I consider them too dangerous!  The experience of sitting on it sure did make my almost three year old happy!


I really can't believe he's almost three!

No comments:

Post a Comment