OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Super Busy

I knew all summer that this was going to be a hectic week! It's our last week of swimming; finals are Saturday. It is also VBS every evening.  I wanted to stay and help in Elijah's class, but I also had three evening commitments to coordinate. Fortunately, tonight was free so JD and I went out to dinner alone while the kids were at VBS.

Today I also crammed in a meet-Wendy-in-Richmond event between swimming and VBS. I'll have pictures tomorrow, but the big reason behind our meet was to pick up massive tomatoes (and other garden yummies) to can. So tomorrow and Wednesday afternoon will be spent in the kitchen canning.

JD and Elijah have been working on their own project -  equipping the new trailer for our big trip to NY in just a few weeks. Thankfully, Elijah received a fine set of tools for his birthday to help.


JD is installing shelves that will hopefully hold our travel items in some semblance of order. We also purchased some rubber-maid containers tonight (on our date) to  pack things like food and towels in. ( I obviously have issues because I love looking at and buying organizational items and think that it's a perfect date activity!)



JD was joking that he was going to have a mural of our faces painted on the side.....I'm thinking that it would negatively impact it's resale value when we have to update it for a larger one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment