OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ben's Birthday

I wrote this blog yesterday, but for some reason Blogger wouldn't post it. So, I'm covering Ben's birthday one more time. There's a ton of other stuff going on that I'll sum up tomorrow - I wanted to give Ben turning 11 its own post. We have traditionally alternated a birthday plan of every other year a party and the other year a family activity. Sometimes that activity is as simple as ordering pizza, but this year Ben really wanted to go roller skating. Since I don't think some of the younger kids had ever been, it was a really fun idea for all of us. 


When I contacted the skating rink, I found out that Thursday is the least expensive night. So, JD came home from work a bit early and we did presents, dinner and cake and then headed out.




The rink had skating on one side and mats and trampolines on the other which was especially nice for Julia and Elijah who had a tough time skating. 







And a good time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment