OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day - Plants and Blankets

We had the second week of our adoption plant-sale fund-raiser yesterday. Since this was really our first fund-raiser, I was pretty thrilled with how well it went. We definitely earned a sizable amount towards our up-coming travel expenses. A friend of mine is also going to host a Norwax party at the end of the month for us (they are awesome non-hazardous cleaning supplies) and another friend made two lap quilts that I get to raffle towards our adoption expenses. Exciting progress!



I found out today that our hold up traveling for court is that Isabella's mom that is too sick to travel; she has to appear in court as well. The adoption agency is going back into regional court with a power of attorney and then we hope to be able to advance on to federal court soon. We are getting down to the wire for JD to be able to travel with me, so I just pray that it is soon (like this week soon)! 


I told a dear friend at church that I wanted soft blankets to leave with the girls on my first trip. She told me that she would make me two. She gave them to me yesterday and they are so precious that I don't want to risk losing them. I think I'll buy two Walmart ones the first trip (and leave them) and take these for their airplane blankets on the second trip. The blankets are identical except she stitched Bella and Selah into the middle and the corner of each blanket. 



Can you see Bella? How sweet is that; it's in the middle of a flower and the name is repeated at the corner with a cross. I can't wait to give them to the girls!



Speaking of sweet girls, I went to a Mother's Day tea at Julia's K class today; she knew the songs and had sweet little crafts for gifts for me. 


 I'm happy that she is doing well at school. I just read another Mom's blog about schedules and security and I'm realizing more and more that Julia can not handle any flexibility. I am trying to get it together enough that our schedule will be a security for Selah and Bella when they come home as well. 


I am hoping that JD and I can attend a weekend seminar on attachment parenting this fall (in addition to the trip to Ethiopia). It seems unreasonable to try to do two trips, but I really think it would benefit all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment