OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Cowboy

I have a little cowboy that has been without cowboy boots or a hat for almost a year. He has seriously been asking for new cowboy boots since this time last year when I gave away his too small pair. While I intended on finding him a pair for his last birthday, and then Christmas, it just didn't happen. The other day JD took him to the craft store and found him this acceptable brown cowboy hat. 


Alei and I then searched the Internet for brown (he did not want black and they seem to be much more abundant) cowboy boots. The longer we searched, the higher my cap price became, because reasonably priced cowboy boots are way harder to find than I ever dreamed. After all our searching, I decided that I wasn't going to make him wait the two months until his birthday, so when the "present man" (UPS, Fed Ex...) showed up with the box, we handed it to him. 




I am the mom of one HAPPY cowboy and since he has seen these pictures, he has been playing "the present man brings my boots" and I've had to re-pack them in the box a half a dozen times. I love the joy little people have over little things!









No comments:

Post a Comment