OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Bread and Turkeys

I went away for the weekend to a woman's retreat that my husband set up and insisted I go. I really wanted to, but hadn't signed up since our travel dates were so up in the air. I also would not have gone if I had known how soon we leave, but it was all set up the day before I got Ethiopia travel dates...so I am assuming that was God wanting me to go. I am so, so thankful I went; the message was just what I needed to hear. JD went into super-mode setting it all up for me and handling the details of Moriah's birthday party on Saturday and Alyssa's donut sale on Sunday. Since I don't know all the girls that Moriah invited to the cook-out party, I assume some of their moms have to think I'm quit the loser not being at my own daughter's party, but my sister graciously was here to play the mother role. 

Alyssa's Sunday donut sale afforded Elijah the opportunity of acquiring this fabulous free hat. He has worn it all day. This morning he told the bus driver that he was a chef and going to bake her something. Since our wheat came in Friday, we made home-made bread together.



Elijah was anxious to start the bread but we had to make the bus run, pick up Saturday's mail, eat breakfast and get dressed. 



He wanted to do every step. Of course, he is good at dumping ingredients, but he did very well rolling out the bread dough!


He was slightly alarmed when it was rolling off the counter.


I showed him how to roll them into loaves; I did one and he did the other three. 


They turned out perfect.


While we were baking, Ben called that there were wild turkeys in the backyard. Sure enough, there were about 20. This picture is bad quality, but I was afraid to open the screen or I would scare them away.




 

1 comment:

  1. I missed my daughter's 16th Birthday party last month. I had signed up for a Scrapbooking Retreat several months ago, assuming we would do the party the weekend before the birthday, rather than the weekend after. However . . . daughter had other plans. I was so sad to have missed it. :(

    ReplyDelete