OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Color Run

 Obviously with our trip to Ethiopia in only a few days, we have a ton to do, but Alei and I did take a moment to come up with a theme for our running group at the Color Run - COWS. My mother scored on a swell assortment of cow t-shirts at an estate sale and I had more than enough cow shirts for our running party. My shirt also had a fine view of the cows udders on the back, which I thought would be appreciated by all the people forced to run behind me. I realize this is a horrible picture, but Alei and I  were really cracking ourselves up late the night before the run.


 There were 6,000 people at the 5K and we were in one of the last heats, due to the fact that we didn't see the long line of port-a-potties and waited in the Subway bathroom line for a full 30 minutes when the race was due to begin.


This is just proof that we had fun - 




The Finish Line - I did run the majority of the race.



I want to do another 5k soon, but I'm pretty sure most of them aren't going to be as fun as this one.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I don't which impresses me the most: running a 5K just because you CHOOSE to, the coordinating cow shirts, or the paintball-esque results!

    You mooooove me.

    Pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they all are a convincing argument that I'm not too old. It was really fun!

    ReplyDelete