OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Last Picture

You know, I was doing well yesterday until I went into Gabriel's room to put away a shirt and a sock that I found in the laundry room. He had the room totally clean and the bed stripped, then the sadness just hit me. He sent this picture tonight before he stepped off the plane to the beginning of his new life. I know every parent has to feel this, but it just seems so strange that he is a suddenly grown. We will be praying for him everyday and awaiting any news from him while he is at boot camp. (I'm thinking Alayna may hear from him first, but she'll be nice enough to let us know :)


Tomorrow is our last full day in the country - there is much to be done. TOO much!

1 comment:

  1. I know it hits you harder than the rest of us...but man it made me sad also when i saw this picture on facebook. he looks tired and a bit sad in the picture also. from my view you can see some of the little boy in his eyes. but again, he will be good. God is his anchor.

    ReplyDelete