OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Computers, Blogger and Richmond

I appreciate the feedback about the Blogger issues. I have not "fixed" any issues, but tried to download this picture on the children's school computer and it worked like mine used to. Go figure. The problem is that I store my pictures on my computer and need Blogger to let me use them. 

Speaking of computers, our lap-top is in the repair shop for a stuck disk and our desk top repeatedly acts like it has a virus and won't load although we have run tests over and over that don't reveal anything. It may need a trip to Best Buy as well.  Since only one of our two school computers is working, we are operating at a quarter and there is serious demand for that computer.

The happy news is that I have moved forward in technology and replaced my cell phone that doesn't type "c's" with a smart phone. I am looking forward to the scheduling ability as well as being able to get online the many hours I spend sitting in doctor's offices. I stand a better change at intelligent blogger there than my climate at home!

Alyssa, Selah and I spent about four hours at the hospital yesterday for Selah's dental surgery pre-screening. It was my second medical trip to Richmond for the week - I then have two next week and three the week after. I postponed Tori's appointment in Baltimore for the same week.  While Richmond is really only an hour and 15 minutes away, once I park and wait for hours, it is typically an all day event. It will help to get past Selah's surgery in two weeks. 

My friend, Wendy, knit the girls these super cute owl hats. The other cool thing is that Selah's pink coat was once Julia's; Julia wears a matching green one that was Tori's. My friend gave me a coat for Bella and it happened to be the same Kohl's coat that matches the other two girls. I have a thing for them coordinating - I'd still coordinate James and Ben if they would go for it. 

3 comments:

  1. I am wondering if any of your older children are interested in adopting from other countries or woking in those countries???????

    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't leave a leave a response, but after browsing a ton of remarks on this page "Computers, Blogger and Richmond". I actually do have 2 questions for you if it's okay.
    Is it only me or does it look like like a few of the remarks appear as
    if they are left by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing at additional places,
    I'd like to follow you. Would you post a list of every one of all your social networking sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?
    My blog ; mi unemployment

    ReplyDelete
  3. you family looks so great. you have multiplied a lot.. I thinks your so happy when there are special occasions .


    Regards,
    Loy =)
    floworks

    ReplyDelete