OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January

 I'm wrapping up our January birthdays by taking cup-cakes to Tori's class tomorrow. We then do not have a birthday until Ben's in March; there are only a few months that we get a birthday break and February is one of them. (Which is good because my budget hasn't recovered from Christmas in time for January birthdays.) 


I knew that having a two year old again was going to be a very short phase. I love two year olds and I was blessed to have one for three months before she turned three. Thankfully, she is still just as cute as before her birthday.


We finally got some information from the adoption agency in Ethiopia about Brooke. Since we had been home three months and still heard nothing, I thought I better check into it. Turns out that our info. was that there is still no info. Seven months after requesting to adopt her, the city court she is in still has not completed a "packet" making her available for adoption. There is nothing our agency can do before she is available for adoption. I feel so bad for her, it's been a long seven months already and her best friend just came to America last week. I hope she believes that it isn't because we aren't doing our part. We will as fast as we are able! As soon as there is a packet, the process should be quick since she has no living relatives and we already have her sister. We are about to run into paperwork that is going to expire, however, and that will be a major pain.

 Adoption isn't for the weak I tell you.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, that is a crazy time frame and you have to have great patience with all of this. Some thing I am having a hard time in learning, I am taking my day and praying that the Lord give me more and help me with it!

    I will keep you in my prayers that all this paperwork is moved along and you can bring her home soon! ~Hugs~

    ReplyDelete