OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Hospital

Alyssa came with me to pass the time at the hospital during Selah's surgery. We left at 6 a.m. on semi-icy roads and they finally wheeled her back to the OR at 10:15. The surgery itself is a full two hours, with a third hour in recovery before I am allowed back. The staff here is wonderful and I met with several doctors before they took her back. Her main entertainment was channel surfing so fast that she couldn't even see the shows on TV. Once they gave her the loopy liquid, that was to relax her in preparation of leaving me and having a mask on, she was pretty outgoing and kept calling "come here" to the staff that walked by. The dental surgeon did not have high hopes of her having enough good teeth in the front to even be able to cap them; she may be toothless for a few years! They also prepared me for her to be one angry bird when I get to go back and see her.

2 comments:

  1. Can't they do kid dentures? That feels strange to ask since I don't comment that often but I've known a few kids who had dentures. I also know a few who just went toothless. Praying it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she is still doing well. I love the "loopy juice"---I always ask if they will give me some too, but they never do.
    Waid had missing teeth for a couple of years--he lost some front ones in China--probably from falling so much. Never was a big deal, except for when eating corn=)

    ReplyDelete