OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fire and Planting

 This was our bon-fire last night. I was very thankful for perfect weather since we had several families from our church home group come. The wood was so dry that it burned quickly; there was some water dumping around the perimeter to keep it under control.


Here's all that was left this morning. It's going to be nice to be able to see across the field now.


Elijah uses the term "lucky for..." in many contexts, (which is funny because I don't think JD or I ever use the term luck). Anyway, for this picture, he would say, "lucky for Dad, he has me to help drive the tractor".


While Elijah helped tend the fire and ash, I took the girls out to weed the first garden bed. It is really amazing to watch them experience first after first that would never happen if they grew up in an orphanage in Ethiopia.


Selah is actually a capable little helper.  Since both girls love being outside, I think they will really enjoy the garden this year. We'll see how much I can get them to eat. Recently Selah was given ONE green bean. She proudly told us that she had eaten it when Tori discovered it under her chair on the floor. She then changed her story to "Toby will eat it".


We also planted some little flowers that had been left in their plastic containers too long.


I don't think the kids want the fire fun to end; they started collecting from around the yard to keep it going longer.


I'd rather be outside weeding the other four garden beds; instead, I have to braid Tori's hair.












No comments:

Post a Comment