OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Amish Trip, Neck Pain, and HAIR

Since my neck was aching yesterday, JD took Elijah with him on errands twice. Last night, Elijah went even went to soccer practice and grocery shopping with his Dad. He really likes his Dad and he was absolutely devastated when JD left without him for Amish country this morning. We thought the trip was too long and he would need his Mom at nap time. He spent quite a while pointing out the window and crying, "Da-da." I tried to distract him with Cheerios.

Although that didn't work, the camera helped.

In spite of my neck, the girls desperately needed their hair done. We took Tori's out several days ago and the friend from church who usually does her hair is out of town for a while. Yesterday I called another friend's daughter, who is also adopted from Liberia, and she came last night and corn-rowed it. Thank goodness, one down....and I think it looks really cute.

After taking this picture, Tori suggested I get a picture of her big eyes. Tori is known for her big eyes.
We took part of Julia's braids out yesterday. This morning, she was fighting getting the rest taken out. I assured her that she wouldn't be going to church tomorrow with her current look.

Since I'm the hair-washer and re-fixer, I assigned Alei the unpleasant task of getting the remaining braids out. I was surprised how quiet it was while Alei was working. This is why....

Julia is still on the couch asleep and I'm going to look online for less time-consuming hair styles for the next few days while my neck continues to heal. Then I'll re-braid.

No comments:

Post a Comment