OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

That Time of the Year

I think the biggest advantage of living near the equator would be avoiding the packing up and getting out seasonal clothing for nine children. Actually, I'm down to only doing it for seven, but it's still several days work. I predict what will fit next year and pack it up, then give the rest away. I then get out what I packed up the previous year and clean out and put away every drawer and every closet, one by one. At this point, I've only gotten through the youngest three children. This year, considering our new budget, I'm going to make a list of who actually needs what and try to stick to only buying those clothing items. I'm working on grasping that although a cute shirt might be a deal for $1, if that child already has 32 shirts, I need to spare myself the aggravation of dealing with a crowded shirt drawer!


Tori asked me several times this summer to get her cow-girl boots out of the basement. I have no recollection whatsoever of buying these boots. It was obviously a thrift store deal or I think I would have some memory of them. However, I found them and she is thrilled. My older girls groaned in disgust that she wants to wear them everyday with everything, but they did the same thing when they were four! She loves boots for some reason, check out how she is carrying around the black pair, since she can't wear them at the same time.

Julia has always been interested in clothes and changing them often. She is on her 4th shirt selection for the day, a nice red one, worn backwards, with a bright pink skirt and shoes. At one point this morning, she had on two shirts and a jacket all layered.
While the outfit is nice, I think the Hello Kitty chap-stick really makes the look. Who makes chap-stick like this for little girls?

Julia has turned into quite a handful the last few weeks. She is spending a good chunk of her day sitting on her bed until the LOUD screaming everytime someone looks at her funny subsides. We all need ear-plugs!

1 comment:

  1. Emma has become fond of her boots too. Nothing else will do. The life of a 4 year old!

    ReplyDelete