OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What Would I Do?

I don't know what I'd do with all my "free time" if I didn't homeschool. Somehow I'm still short on time in the summer months when we aren't doing school, but once I start the school year every fall, I then wonder what I did with all those hours I used to have. (Maybe some of them were spent blogging about things other than school!)

Can you tell that we are doing geography this year with all the globes floating around?

The really, really good news is that I'm getting it all done. What seemed impossible before I began is actually doable. The house may not always be clean and the laundry pile may get high, but the school work is being finished each day! There is only one exception with one child in one subject - JD gets to do that subject with that child each evening until that child's attitude improves and I can stand to do an hour of math with her everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment