OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crazy Days

I can already tell that the month of December is going to fly by. JD spent the morning in court evicting our renters. In over 10 years of renting out a few houses, it's the first time we actually had to begin eviction proceedings. I agree with Dave Ramsey, it would be way less stressful to own rental property if it were paid off! I don't think our renters grasp that when they don't pay the rent, we still pay a mortgage and when they don't pay their water bill, etc, it is sent to us. We are still hoping that it will work out against the odds since they showed up late last night and paid part of what they owe.

I spent time this morning meeting a lady in the Food Lion parking lot and buying a large horse from her. Since my little ones are thrilled with horses, and we aren't getting a real one anytime soon, I bought a Fur Real pony off of Craig's List for Christmas. I'd never pay the new price, but I figure that a few years of fun for three little guys is worth the discount price I got it for! Elijah got to see the horse for a few minutes and was thrilled. Thankfully, out of sight out of mind applies to his age, so it will exciting all over again on Christmas.

I'm wishing we had started school way early, so we could have December off, but we didn't - so we can't - so I have to go do more school. I'll leave you with my favorite Elijah picture from the park the other day.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment