OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Used to Have Stuff... Now I Have Julia!

I used to have stuff, but Julia has seriously broken most of it. There is a pile of ornaments in the middle of the dining room table awaiting a super-glue marathon. I also used to have a snow-man collection, now I have a handicapped snow-man collection. She doesn't intend on breaking anything, she just plays with everything all day long. It really doesn't matter if she isn't supposed to either, she will the minute I'm not looking! The snowmen have been put to bed and sent to time-out dozens of times in the few weeks they have lived out-side their rubber-maid container.


I assure you that I had nothing to do with today's (or this hour's) ward-robe choice either! Today the snow-men were continually whining for gum, so they were all sent to bed on the couch.

I bundled the kids up this morning for one last hurrah in the snow. Our Christmas company starts rolling in today and I'm slightly over-whelmed with boots and snow-gear. It's been fun though!
Elijah didn't object to his pink mittens; they were on the top of the pile and we live in the middle of no-where. I may have re-considered if I had thought about posting pictures.



I'm trying to focus on all I have done getting ready for Christmas, but there still seems to be a lot that I haven't accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. The pink gloves are too funny! It makes me smile considering the fact that the boys around here have been known to slip on a pair of pink flip-flops to run around the yard in if need be. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a three year old who touches or breaks everything too! Sometimes it's hard to remember what's really important in life, but so grateful for my many blessing! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete