OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End of 2009

Reading a few other blogs this evening has really made me reflect back on the last year. While the last few years have run at a faster pace than any other time of our lives, I feel blessed to reflect back on several situations that I've seen God's hand directly at work in our lives. While we have faced different challenges that alone are discouraging, I rest knowing that the reason for our days on earth are not to lay up treasures or fill our days with pleasures but to invest in others in hopes of contributing to eternity.

If there is one thing I never want to do with this blog, it is to appear that we have it more together than the average family. There are so many moments during the day that I fall short that I tend to focus on my failures more than my blessings. (I have several children that would probably love to give examples, but we won't go there.) There are so many times that I am frustrated at different challenges, but refrain from writing about them for respect to the people that are involved. Yet when I look at my life, I truly feel that I'm one of the most blessed people I know, because I have gotten exactly what I wanted in life. I may not have had any idea of what I truly was hoping for, because children are far more work and challenging than I ever dreamed, but I am living my dream. And for that I'm truly blessed!

2010 is going to be a big year around here. In April, I'm turning 40 and I don't think that is really bothering me. In December we will celebrate our 20th anniversary. Gabriel is going to graduate from high-school and Elijah is going to enter the two year old realm. A year goes so fast, yet so much can happen!

I pray you are looking optimistically at your year ahead and pray God's blessings as you strive to live your days as He has planned for you.


Nothing like a quadruple batch of Chex buddy mix to ring in the New Year!

Good-bye 2009, hello 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment