OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Picture Catch Up

My new computer has a few glitches which have prevented me from down-loading pictures. Actually, this morning, it wouldn't even turn on for me. Maybe JD will have time to work them out this weekend; I don't know - he's cleaning carpets now. It's amazing that we've lived here long enough that the carpets really need cleaning, but we haven't finished building yet - some day...
-
We have had a very productive week of school; of course, school is basically all I've done. Tomorrow is James' birthday and Sunday we are hosting a party for him, so I need to switch gears a bit.
-
While we were working on school, Elijah branched into the art of toe-nail painting with markers. Nice choice of color for a two year old boy, I'd say.
-

He really considered adding a splash of red to his pigs, but I talked him out of it.

Yesterday, I decided to take a quiet trip to the grocery store with only the big girls. Elijah and Julia were left at home, heartbroken, with their Dad at nap time. Here's the pictures he took of them while I was gone. I'm not sure why Julia was under the time-out bench when she fell asleep , I assume she was moping about being left at home.


Elijah picked a more comfortable place to sleep -


until he semi-fell off the couch -


I love summer, but I'm ready to turn the air-conditioner off! These 95 degree days are getting kind of old for "fall."

No comments:

Post a Comment