OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Want a Quick Trip into my Mind?

OK, I'm going to do a turbo blog post that is as scattered as my mind. Generally, there are a few "big" things I'm trying to mentally work on, and there are a million petty distractions that keep popping in. Here goes....we just returned from James and Ben's first soccer game of the season. Ben played last year, but this is James' first season. I was absolutely shocked how well James played! Normally, he moves around like the pokey little puppy and doesn't have a competitive bone in his body, so I was pleasantly shocked how well he did. He actually set up a goal and almost made another one! Ben played great too, but that wasn't surprising.

After the game, I hauled my three boys (now that Gabriel is gone, I only have three to haul) and Moriah to the Christian bookstore and Costco. Something about that Christian bookstore - Elijah dirties his diaper every time I'm in there! We always leave with a horrible smell trailing us. Today, he took up telling adults to "move" and flinging his arm at them; it wasn't cute and totally out of character for him.

When we were at Costco, Elijah looked at a brown (I like the terms peach and brown) man at the check-out and said, "Hi Ben." I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing; then Ben (the real one, not the man) did too. Elijah just looked at us like he had no idea what was funny about it. I'm sure the man was confused as well.

Which brings me to Elijah's Baby Einstein video, they show a bunch of babies of all nationalities. Elijah told me, "I like babies - I like brown babies." One of the girls asked him, "do you like the white babies, too." He said, "no, I like the brown ones." I'm taking this as my sign that we should adopt from Africa again, what do you think? (I'm just kidding, well, at least about the sign part.)

On that note, Julia asked me yesterday who was going to drive to the homeschool picnic. I told her that I was. She seriously looked at me and said, "you know how to drive?" I just wonder who she thinks has been hauling her all over the planet the last three years of her life. She is always entertaining!

Here's what Tori brought in to me the other day....


I bought this boys bike at a yard sale way back for Alyssa. It went through Alyssa, James, Ben and Tori; I think I got my $10 worth. The cool thing is that a friend of Alyssa's just offered us a hand-me-down girls bike for her. Tori was happy, but asked me, "what's a girl's bike?" My answer was, "it's probably pink, like Elijah's!" This boy/girl color code thing is not for big families!

Alei got cortisone shots in her back a few days ago. She is still in pain, but I really pray that they dry up the fluid pockets on her spine and this is a one time deal! Another side effect is euphoria or depression, thankfully, she definitely got the euphoria. She laughed at everything yesterday. The kids would walk by and do anything, and she would burst out laughing. It was actually quite entertaining.

Gabriel is doing well, but he and Alei have both told me that CO appears to be the pot capital of the country. The stories are remarkable, as far as it being readily available if a doctor recommends it! Gabriel said at Summit last year, the cops confiscated some on the street and they saw them later down at the bridge smoking it themselves. It sure isn't that way in Virginia; is it something about the high altitude or something?

Well, that covers enough of the kids for today; I need to go prep the boy's bathroom for painting. The walls are so gross, you'd think it was a public bathroom at a ball stadium or something. I'm continually amazed at how hard on things the boys are! I also need to clean up, make some dinner, fold some laundry, figure out what to do with the girl's hair, figure out if the water park is open tomorrow...you get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. I love these large family random posts. It is so real life, especially the bike handlebar picture. I don't laugh out loud much but that did it. Isn't that just the way it is sometimes? Thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete