OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

School Supplies Stock Up

My name is Jenny and I may have a little bit of a back-to-school-supplies-bargain-shopping issue. You know how all the stores feature notebooks for 9 cents and glue stick packages for a quarter? I can hardly stand to walk by those kind of deals and not "stock up!"

I know what started this..........a few years back we ran out of spiral notebooks. Over and over, I paid $1.99 for new notebooks and all the while I kept thinking, "I know these things were like 10 cents at the beginning of the school year." I would almost rather chop down my own tree and make my own paper than pay 20 times more for something than I could of! From then on, I've made sure to have enough at the beginning of the year to see the year through. Then before we moved into this house, I had stuff stored in different areas; I even had a diaper box of spiral notebooks in the barn with mice nesting in them. (Of course, I didn't know mice had taken residence in them until I went out there and pulled a notebook out and a mouse came flying out with it. My mice issues could be a weekly post theme.....) Anyway, I didn't really know what I had, or where it was, so I kept buying more in fear that I didn't have enough to get through the school year. Well, this year, I have enough! I may have enough for a few years and some to donate to charity! On a humorous note, my cousin flew out to help me unpack my house in the two weeks between move-in and Elijah's birth. When she found my glue stick supply, she exclaimed, "My word, Jenny, is it even legal to own this much glue?" I haven't bought any since then and as you can see, I still have a few packages left.

The best part is that it's organized (and mouse free) in the basement this year!

1 comment: