OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Bye-Bye Exploder

I try to not attach to material things, but I tend to be overly sentimental. I never value things based on their worth, but more based on their memories. We recently passed on our Explorer, nicknamed the Exploder, but it was rather hard for me. First of all, we bought that bad boy way back in 1997, when I was pregnant with Moriah. It has been the one vehicle that we've had for years and was also the vehicle that we used to teach Gabriel to drive. Since we bought Alei the grey car, way in the background of the picture, we really didn't need the Explorer anymore, but we knew a family that did. So, I set my sentimentalism aside and handed the keys over.

Here's the kids cleaning it out before we delivered it; I hope it continues to run as well for them as it has for us all these years.

People, not things, are what really matter.

1 comment: